Monday, December 31, 2012

Final Book Hunt For 2012

On the eve of 2013 I've spent the past few days while on holiday occasionally hunting for Bond books.



The first place I visited was Robinson's Bookshop in Frankston while on a trip back from the Mornington Peninsula.  As can be seen above they had a few new Bond movie tie-in / 50th Anniversary coffee books.  I purchased a copy of "Bond On Set: Filming Skyfall" by Greg Williams.


Next I visited Secondhand Books in Moorabbin.  They had about 5 Fleming paperbacks, which is the most I've seen in a store recently.

And then yesterday I went with my wife, Mum, Dad and Aunt (visiting from the UK) to the City to see Geoffrey Rush in the play "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum".  It was very entertaining in the style of the "Carry On" film series.  It's also great to see such a fine actor in the flesh, and he was very funny.

While in the City I (we) visited Dymocks and Kill City.  Unusually Kill City still doesn't have any Fleming or Gardner paperbacks.  They must be popular at the moment.

Finally, have a happy new year.

No comments: