Monday, October 27, 2014

Mountains Of Books Bookfair - This Weekend

This Saturday, November 1 my wife and I will be attending the "Mountains of Books Bookfair" in Ferny Creek in Melbourne.  Meryll Williams, owner of Rainy Day Books in The Basin has helped organise this event that will feature many different book stalls.
 
I first found out about this event after visiting Rainy Day Books in The Basin, situated near the base of Mt Dandenong, a few weeks ago.
While checking the shelves I found several Bond books but unfortunately I had them all.  Great to see so many on the shelves though.
This is the second time I have visited Rainy Day Books.  It's a great store with a wide variety of books, and the well organised shelves easily give away the fact that Meryll was once a libarian.  Her passion for books is clearly evident, to the point of even organising book signings in her store.

Meryll and I spoke for a while discussing books, remedies to deal with silverfish, and collecting Bond books.  She also explained about the "Mountains of Books Bookfair" and her hopes for its success.  So I told her I'd definitely be at the Ferny Creek Recreational Hall on Hilton Road this Melbourne Cup Weekend to check out the books.  Hopefully I'll see you there.

No comments: