Monday, October 06, 2014

Quick Bond Hunt In The City

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I spent a night in the City to escape our continuing house renovations which have dragged on for almost 9 months now.  While there we managed to do some quick book hunting.
- Kay Craddock Antiquarian Bookseller (second hand) - I've been trying to get to this store for a while now so it was great to finally walk through the door.  They had four US hardbacks for sale which were on display.
- Foreign Language Bookshop (new) - Unfortunately the City store has now closed and they have moved to Fitzroy.  I previously purchased ESL copies of some Bond novels from this store so it was sad to see the City store closed.  I wish them luck in their new location and hope to visit soon.
- Robinsons Bookshop (new) - I remember visiting this independent store when they were situated in Frankston next to the old library.  In fact I have several Bond books with the Robinsons price sticker still on the back.  They then moved to the Station Street Mall where they have remained ever since.  Just a few years ago they opened a store at Chadstone, and now they've opened a store at the new Emporium Melbourne in the City.  Great to see them going strong.  (Update: They also have a store in Greensborough, and Highpoint opens in November 2014.  Wow !)  Here's their website.
- Federation Square Saturday Book Market (second hand) - Several stalls had Bonds for sale and I managed to grab this snap.  None for me though.

No comments: