Thursday, February 16, 2017

OHMSS Model Car + Bookstore Visit + Turkish Book

Three James Bond connected events this week.  First was the arrival of a 1:43 scale model car in the mail; Irma Bunt's Mercedes from "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".  This car first appeared as part of the James Bond Car Collection, a part-works magazine series released a few years ago.  I think the car looks great, especially with the snow diorama in the background.

Next was a visit to the the secondhand book store Merchant Of Fairness in Balwyn.  No books for me today but it was great to visit.

Lastly I received a Turkish language copy of Ian Fleming's "From Russia With Love" in the mail.  This becomes the twelfth book I own in this series published by Tay Yayinlari with cover images by Aslan Sukur.  I really like this series featuring Roger Moore likenesses on each cover.

No comments: